The number of MAT mergers is growing significantly. The reasons for this trend are wide and varied and can include joint opportunities, economies of scale and stronger support networks to help school improvement.
In many ways, from a conversion perspective, the rationale for the merger of two trusts is irrelevant once the decision has been made. The last thing that trustees for both MATs have to do is ensure that the merger is fair and transparent and the relevant companies are wound up effectively.
Given that there are no merger grants, unlike the conversion grant, legal fees need to be kept to a minimum so that money can be used to support school improvement.
J&G Marshall is proud to offer a fixed price MAT Merger solution. For just £5,500 + VAT, we provide a service that will:
Guide and support you
A MAT merger is an event that a Trust will rarely need to face and manage. That is why having a partner who has “been there and done that” can help you avoid common mistakes and ensure that the best outcomes can be achieved.
Our service is, therefore, built on practical advice and support to help ensure a transition that is as smooth as possible. This includes:
1. Guidance on the process, documents entered into, implications and how the outgoing Trust will be wound up at Companies House
2. Liaison with the DfE
3. Advice and support with the TUPE transfer
Provide your legal needs
In conjunction with our panels lawyers, we also ensure that your key legal requirements are met. This includes:
4. Preparing a deed of novation and variation to novate and amend the transferring academy’s existing Funding Agreement into a new Supplemental Funding Agreement under the Trust’s Master Funding Agreement
5. Agreeing the form of the Transfer Agreement to transfer the relevant assets, staff and contracts from the outgoing Trust to the new MAT
6. Completing the application to the ESFA for significant change to transfer the existing Lease to the new MAT
7. Finalising the form of the assignment/transfer of the 125 year lease to the new Trust. We will then register the assignment with Land Registry (TR1).
In short, we have all bases covered – all for £5,500 + VAT